Jun 5, 2011

Voices Raised

Waiting... 50 kids all waiting for the doors to open, scattered in small groups around the yard. 6 girls standing together, talking about nothing in particular. One quietly starts to sing, the others slowly stop talking to listen. One joins her, then another, soon all of the girls are singing. A few people drift towards the sound, and once they recognize the song, they join in. More kids come closer, all singing. Some are crying, some have their hands raised, some sing quietly, some loudly. In unison they sing Jesus Lamb of God, Worthy is your name. 50 voices raised in worship of our God. Not because they had too, not because they felt like they should, but because they wanted too. 50 teens worshiping their God of their own free will, no sound can compare. Drifting across the field, it was the most beautiful sound I've ever heard.

"You are my strength when I am weak
You are the treasure that I seek
You are my all in all"

No comments:

Post a Comment