Aug 2, 2011

Staff Worship

Wednesday nights at CDO were staff worship nights. We would all gather together in GTC basement and have a worship service. But i was completely different from any other worship I've been a part of. Josh and Ezra would lead the first few songs, then people would start asking for certain ones, then after 3 or 4 songs, someone would start singing the one they wanted next, and everyone else would join in. We all worshiped in different ways, but it was all ok. Everyone was open to new forms of worship, and no one made anyone else feel inferior for doing something a little different or unexpected. At times i would be standing and singing, other times my hands would be raised and I'd be dancing, sometimes I'd be openly crying, and other times I'd be on my knees too humbled by God's power to even speak. It was all ok. It was all excepted. It was real. It was so different from the churches I've been too. i felt free, like i could do anything and it's ok, accepted, and even encouraged. i was freely worshiping in a way i can't anywhere else. Other places i feel like people are watching, like they might not approve of my own brand of worship. That's why i love staff worship, no one is looking. It's all ok. And I'm really gonna miss it!

No comments:

Post a Comment