Sep 12, 2011

Dependant

I was listening to a Dutton song and looking thru Wrangler pictures from earlier in the summer. Sounds pretty simple but it actually reminded me of something that I’ve been learning this summer. It’s OK to depend on other people. This is really hard concept for me, I’ve always been strong enough on my own, I don’t need other people… The song talks about how God created us to have relationships, and how even Jesus had friends he depended on. And as I was looking at the pictures of the wrangler team, I remembered what it was like to have that group that I could count on, that was always there, pushing me on when I needed it, helping me up when I fell, and encouraging me the whole time.

In this community we’re building thru the internship I’ve found I have to depend on others more than ever before. I live with these people, I can’t just hide behind my smile for a few hours and then go away like I can everywhere else. They’re starting to know me, to really see me. Not just what I want them to see, but what I don’t want them to see. It’s forcing me to be honest with them, and them with me. And I’m starting to depend on them, even confide in a few of them. It’s not what I’m used to, it’s not how I interact with people, it’s entirely different. But that’s ok, cause I’m learning and growing, and that’s what I’m here for.


No comments:

Post a Comment