Paint
Brush
Unknown
I keep my
paint brush with me
Wherever I go,
In case I need
to cover up
So the real me
doesn’t show.
I’m so afraid
to show you me,
Afraid of what
you’ll do- that
You might
laugh or say mean things.
I’m afraid I might lose you.
I’d like to
remove all my paint coats
To show you
the real, true me,
But I want you
to try and understand,
I need you to
accept what you see.
So if you’ll
be patient and close your eyes,
I’ll strip off
all my coats real slow.
Please
understand how much it hurts
To let the
real me show.
Now my coats
are all stripped off
I feel naked,
bare, and cold
And if you
still love me with all that you see,
You are my
friend, pure as gold.
I need to save
my paint brush, though,
And hold it in
my hand,
I want to keep
it handy,
In case
somebody doesn’t understand.
So please
protect me, my dear friend
And thanks for
loving me true,
But please let
me keep my paint brush with me
Until I love
me too.

No comments:
Post a Comment