I’m not sure which is my primary love language, I can identify with all five of them. I like to show others love by giving them compliments, or encouraging them. I don’t often feel “loved” when given compliments they don’t mean much to me, I just kinda brush them off as not true. I also like to give people things, whether it’s something I made or something I bought, I put a lot of thought into it, and it’s important that it be something meaningful. A lot of the time the gift will have more significance to me than to the other person. I also lie showing love thru helping or serving someone. Even if it’s something really simple like clearing the table or washing the dishes, that’s a way for me to show someone that I care about them.
The way I feel loved is through spending time with someone. I like spending time with someone I care about, it could be talking on the phone for an hour, or spending an afternoon hanging out, or just living life together. I also feel loved when a guy hugs me. Having a guy wrap his arms around me makes me feel completely safe and loved. I have some theories about why this is only happens with guys, but that’s a whole other topic ;)
What I learned most from this book is how to recognize how others feel love, and understanding why they feel that way, and how to respond to each of them.
I think the best way to apply what I learned from this book is to put in to practice how to love others in a way they really understand.

No comments:
Post a Comment