Apr 6, 2012

Sunday Afternoons

My Sunday afternoons have drastically changed in the last few weeks.
I used to spend Sunday afternoons and evening with my friends. We would hang out, watch tv, make dinner together, and invariably we made at least one trip to Walmart during the day, but we usually ended up there two or three times. We'd watch a movie after dinner, and sometimes we'd go to a park or something earlier in the afternoon, or sometimes go out for lunch. It varied a bit week to week, but pretty standard that we would make dinner and watch a movie at some point. I enjoyed it a lot. The banter back and forth, the conversations, the time spent together. It was always fun, but in a really relaxed way.
Last Sunday I spent the afternoon with some friends I haven't seen in years, since just after high school actually. It was fun, but very different. We went to a local park for a picnic, and then went on a 2 mile hike. halfway through we stopped at a creek and went wading for a while, then just sat in the sun, catching up. Then walked the mile back to the park. It was fun, but not relaxed. Not like with my friends in Rolla.

I decided I need to find people in Springfield to hang out with on Sunday afternoons, if I'm gonna be living here for a while. I really don't like going to church on Sunday nights, but I will just to be around other people if I can't find people to hang out with. I'm not really sure where to look though....

No comments:

Post a Comment