Apr 2, 2012

Target Practice

I've had a reason to be interested in weapons for quite a while, and my interest has always leaned more towards guns than anything else. I used to practice with a 9mm, and would carry it in my truck frequently. It gave me a sense of power and protection. Now I'm not a very good shot, but I don't have to be. I can hit within about 3 inches of where I want to, which is fine for protection.

I haven't handled a gun in just over a year, and I've been wanting to get in some practice. I heard that Missouri lowered the conceal and carry age to 21. I've been impatiently waiting till my 23rd birthday so I could get the license, so I was really excited to hear I could get it sooner.  So this evening I grabbed the 9mm, a box of bullets, my mp3 player, and went out for some target practice. 50 bullets later, my aim has improved considerably from the first shot, though it's still far from good.

It's very satisfying to practice while listening to Nickleback's Never Again. At the risk of sounding cliche, I like having the power to say certain things will never happen again. I won't let them. Someone will be hurt first, and it won't be me.



Same old shit, just on a different night
She grabs the gun, she's had enough
Tonight she'll find out how fuckin' tough is this man
Pulls the trigger fast as she can, never again

No comments:

Post a Comment