Aug 24, 2010

Fabric, Thread, and Needles, Oh My!!


i love creating things, especially with fabric. i make some of my own clothes, mostly just redesign stuff, but it's still really fun! This is a t-shirt i made out of three different colored tees. it was the first thing i made, so I'm pretty proud of it, even if it inst perfect (shhh, don't tell).
i want to be in costume design someday, like on Broadway or the West End in London. i don't want to work in Hollywood, like in the movie industry, i prefer the rush of a live production. There's nothing like backstage of a play, with 90 seconds to change an outfit or redo makeup. i love a challenge, and this setting offers the perfect one for me. I've thought about all different kinds of careers, this one is prolly the most challenging I've considered, but it's also the only one that excites me. The only career that i can see myself still loving years from now. i'm going to go to a Design School in my city, and hopefully, start an internship at a local theater. i hope to work in London someday, but i only want to live there for a few years (more about traveling later).


This is a classic redesign project:  jeans into a skirt, but i made it mine with a few fun little details like the applique on the pocket.

1 comment:

  1. This is your mom. I just wanted to say how proud of you I am, how very creative and talented you are. I am thrilled at the young woman you have become.

    ReplyDelete