I've visited Vineyard Church in Rolla several times, there are some things i really like about it, and some things i dislike. I like pastor Matt, he's very engaging and his sermons are both applicable and interesting. He does something in their service that i've never seen before but i really like it. Every Sunday the pastor takes time to pray for another local church, no matter what the denomination. I appreciate this, because it shows unity and a willingness to interact with believers of different denominations. I also like the way they observe communion. They have all the bead and wine on table at the front of the church and everyone has to walk up and get their own, i like it better this way for a lit of reasons that deserve their own post so i'll do that later :p I enjoy the worship, and i like the type of songs they do.
The things i don't like are that they don't have a college age class on Sunday. It's really important to me to have a group i can meet with on Sunday, cause my evenings are so busy with camp stuff. The people in general aren't as friendly and welcoming as i would like them to be. i know a lot of people there from camp, and they always say hi or are willing to talk a bit afterwards, but i've never had someone from that church that i don't know greet me or try to engage in a conversation with me. i think for a church this size this is kind of sad.
i like this church overall, and if they had a college age group i could meet with i would keep attending there, but since they don't i'm off to find a church that does.
No comments:
Post a Comment