You know the saying "People say I'm quiet, my friends wish I was"?
Yea... that would be me. In groups i tend to be quiet. With my close friends? Not at all. I'm loud and i laugh to much, i always have something to say, and I'm not good at keeping my opinion to myself. i can talk for hours (ask them) about any- and everything. Sometimes you just need to talk, you know, work something out by talking about it. I'm like that, so if i think someone needs to just talk, i can shut up and listen. i know the value of a good listener, and i know if I'm a sounding board for someone else, they'll do the same for me if i ever need them to.
It takes me a while to get comfortable around people, but once i do i can be a lot of fun. When I'm in a group of people that i don't know as well, I'm really quiet, even shy. i prefer listening to people, and watching them for a while before i really start to interact with them.
This is the situation I'm in with my singles group at my church. A few weeks ago i hung out with them at a bonfire. i spent prolly 3 hours with these people and didn't say more than 50 words the whole time. The next nite the same group was helping with a high school activity at our church. That nite i talked to all of them, at least once; most several times through out the evening. i spent a lot of time with them this past weekend, and i opened up a lot more. i think I'm really gonna get along with them =) They've all reached out to me, in their own way, which means a lot to me! i know sometimes its hard to start a conversation with someone who's really quiet. Don't get me wrong, i love this group! They're fun, a little crazy, and really close. I'm excited to be in this group, i just hope they'll be patient with me, and give me time to really get to know them.
No comments:
Post a Comment