Dec 20, 2011

Linda II

"Whoever is adequate? We all create situations which others can't live up to, then break our hearts at them because they don't."


Dear Linda, i realized when i read this, that I've been doing this to you. You care about me, and I've somehow decided that you're supposed to be my best friend, big sister, confidant, and all-around care-giver. It's not fair to you at all, i expect too much from you, i expect you to always be there right when i need you, and to put time with me above everything else. This is an entirely unrealistic expectation, and I'm really just hurting myself, cause when you're busy or just want your own life i feel hurt or left out. But i have no right to feel that way, you deserve your own life, your own time, with your own friends and family. And I'm sorry. I'm sorry for expecting this of you, and I'll try to keep out of your life and give you your own space. You are really good at making boundaries and making sure i get more than enough time with you. And even when life gets crazy, and intruded on "our time" you push other things back so you can spend as much time with me as you originally planned. That means a lot to me! I do notice, and i really appreciate it! I will work on making my expectations of you realistic and something you can live up too, and beyond, instead of something you can't even live up too.
You are so amazing, and i love you so much!!


Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment