I just finished a biography about a man named Louis Pasture.
Louis Pasture was a great French scientist of the 19th century. He was responsible for discovering or widely expanding the knowledge of things like pasteurization, the germ theory of diseases, and contagious diseases. He was also instrumental in developing the theory of vaccines. Because of his work today we have things like rabies and smallpox vaccines, as well as the ability to process dairy products to make them safe and able to store longer.
Louis was driven by both his passion to help people, and a desire to serve his God to the best of his abilities. In his last public appearance he gave a speech that included this: “The most important thing, when one approaches the end, is to be able to say ‘I have done what I could.” Louis certainly lived up to this statement. His family and friends have written about his deep faith, and how it was the thing that brought him through all the hardships in his life. Louis Pasteur was a man dedicated to his God, his family, his country, and human kind.
No comments:
Post a Comment