It's only January, but i'm already feeling burnt out. I'm tired, but in a way that's so much more than just physical. I'm tired of life, of work, it seems of everything. Nothing is interesting right now, not my work projects, food, tv, books, even hanging out with friends doesn't hold much appeal for me. Music is all that really captures my attention, and i'm constantly surrounded by music. That was my first clue that i'm stressed and worn out beyond normal; for the last week or so i've been wearing headphones almost constantly. When i'm having a hard time with reality, i put on my headphones and block out the world, and stay safe within my music.
I haven't been this tired since last spring, when i was working two jobs, studying, taking care of the kids, volunteering at my church, and keeping up with all my friends.
I'm tired of walking out of my room, putting on a smile, and pretending everything is OK, when all i really want to do is scream "Leave me alone and let me sleep!"
No comments:
Post a Comment