Jan 13, 2012

Hot Chocolate and Spanish Swords


Laura and I went to Alex and Tim’s house the other night for the movie night they have every Wednesday at 9. I was hoping we would have fun, but I didn’t expect what happened. 

I picked up a bottle of bourbon on the way, and Tim commented on it when we got there. I said I hadn’t had it before, but I’d been told it was good, as well as being really good in hot chocolate.  Just before the movie started I poured myself a glass, and went to sit down. The drink was disgusting. It was passed around and everyone generally agreed that it was nasty. So I went to put it in the kitchen, since I wouldn’t finish it. Tim came into the kitchen and pulled two mugs out of the cabinet, wiped them out and filled them with water.  James came in and offered me a bottle of Smirnoff, but before I could accept Tim said he was making hot chocolate for us. He finished making it, and added raspberry vodka for flavoring. It was really good! While he was fixing the drinks we talked about the movie, and I mentioned that I wasn’t up on all the newer movies. Tim said if I came over more often he could fix that.  

Once the drinks were done, we went back into the living room and sat on one of the couches. About halfway through the movie Tim discovered that I was ticklish, to the dismay of everyone else within hearing distance!  At one point during the movie we both commented on the awesomeness of a particular sword. After the movie, and after everyone else had left, Tim goes to his room and brings back an ornamental sword he got in Spain. After he shows it to me, and points out the dragon handle and generally plays with it for a few minutes, he takes it back to his room. He also brought out his mouth bow to play for me. He was pretty good!  When Laura and i left, Alex and Tim walked us to the door and then stood on the porch until we left. On the way home Alex texts Laura that that was the first time in years that Tim has stayed for all of movie night, much less later.  

The whole evening was a lot of fun, but it was very different too. I’ve never had a guy show off for me before, it’s a nice feeling. I don’t know what he sees in me, or why he seems to like being around me, but I like it. It’s nice to know he thinks I’m worth spending time with.

No comments:

Post a Comment