"What do you miss most about your childhood?"Definetly the innocence. i knew the world wasn't perfect, but i didn't know how bad it truly is. The older i get, the scarier and more dangerous the world becomes. i can think back, and see the little girl i was, playing under the weeping willow. Making up stories of daring girls that risk everything and end up saving their world. Or travel to faraway places and expirience amazing things. All stories. All make believe.
i can think back to the places where i lost my innocence. The day the twin towers fell. i was 10, and i remember being in the backyard with my dad and him explaining what had happend. i remeber a day 2 years later, the day where i lost whatever remaind of my innocence. When i knew, no matter what else happend, it woud never be ok again. Nothing could ever fix it, i couldn't go back. i was an adult far before my time.... and i cried.
Sometimes i wish i could go back to that time of not knowing, not comprehending what was around me, what i woud see and understand someday. i sometiems wish we started our lives as adults, and ended as little children, with all the cares of this world washed away, forgotten.
Oh, if only we could all go back. I think about the time when I was a kid. It was the 1970's and things seemed so much more simpler then. I wish , and long for it to be.Just isn't gonna happen.... (sigh) Love your blog background btw..;)
ReplyDeleteSharlotte: Yea things are simpler when you're a kid, and you didn't have all that dang technology when you were a kid. Lucky. Thanks! i lovelovelove leaves, no idea why. i just lvoe them. And pink is always fun :)
ReplyDeleteMaranda: Well, i guess i do understand what you're saying, but for me i will always charish some of the memeories from my childhood.
Part of me longs for when things were sooo much simpler. When Things could so easily be black and white, when all I had to do was ask Mom and Dad what to do. Making my own decisions is hard. But I get your point too Maranda... I can't live today if I'm dwelling in yesterday.
ReplyDeletei wish i could just have Dad take care of all the decisions like he used to, but then i wouldn't have as much fun as i do now.
ReplyDeleteToo true! we have to learn from the past, but live for the future.