Mar 23, 2012

All The Broken Pieces

I was feeling down all day, I've been depressed and upset about some of the choices I've made recently. I was feeling really hopeless, and like it couldn't possibly be fixed. I had to get out, so i grabbed my mp3 player and walked into the woods. As I was walking, I was talking to God. I felt so hopeless, like my life was broken, like I had screwed everything up so bad even He couldn't use it anymore. This song started playing, and it was like God was talking right to me through it's words. The verses corosponded with what I was saying perfectly, even when I was crying too hard to speak, the words of the song fit with what I was thinking. It was the most audible conversation I've ever had with God.


Did you feel, feel it break
From all the weight of your mistake?
You never knew how much it cost
Feels like your innocence is lost
So much for the perfect life
So much for the perfect day
It’s like no matter how you try
Perfection’s just too far away

"Father, I messed it all up so bad. Everything was going really well until I decided I wanted to do it my way. How can you use this? How can you fix what I've messed up?"


So lift them up to me
All the broken pieces
All the broken pieces of your life
To me
All the broken pieces
All the broken pieces of your life

"Father, how can you fix this? Everything is broken, all of my life. I made so many mistakes, how can you take me back and use what I've done?"


Did you hear what I said?
Did you read the words I wrote down in red?
I was broken once for you
And no one loves you like I do
And that’s the beauty of this grace
It can put the pieces back in place
And shine reflections of forgiveness
In a million different ways

"Only You, Father. Only You still love me, only You can see any good in this. Can you put me back together? Can you fix the brokeness in me? I failed so much, I fell so far..."

I can take even your greatest mistake
Every scar, every tear, every break
And I can turn it in to something more beautiful
Than you have ever seen
So lift them up to Me

"It's all yours, Father. Only You can take this mess I've made and use it. I give it all to You. My life is Yours, my future is Yours. Everything I am, everything I have, it's all Yours."

No comments:

Post a Comment