Mar 29, 2012

Why'd You Come Back?

Tonight someone asked me why I came back to Springfield. He knows me pretty well, knows my past, how I hate Springfield, and how I've spent the last 4 years trying to get out of this town. He knows how excited I was when I left, and how I said I wasn't ever coming back. When I left Springfield last August I thought I was done with this town, and this life. So it's a valid question: Why go back to something that I worked so hard to leave?

I don't know. I wake up every morning and ask myself 'Why the hell am I here?'  I worked so hard to leave, and I never wanted or thought I'd be back. All I know is that I believe God wants me here right now.

I could see in his eyes the real question: 'What was so bad that you would come back to a situation as bad as this?' The answer is nothing. It wasn't that bad. It would have been difficult, for a while, but it wasn't bad. It was acutally pretty good. Even with all my mistakes, it was better than going back to my parent's.

So why am I here? I don't know. But God does. And I'm trusting Him in all of this. Cause this isn't what I wanted or had planned, and I wouldn't have choosen it. But God brought me back, I know it was Him, cause no matter how bad it got I wouldn't have choosen to come back on my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment