Mar 31, 2012

Hippie Girl

My little brother called me a hippie today. To be fair, I had just finished making my dinner (comprised entirely of fruit, veggies, and dairy products) I was wearing a peasant skirt, listening to some indie music, and talking about a line of all-natural soap and shampoo that I had found that day.
I'm not a hippie... At least not in the way he meant, but there are certain things that I do that are different from my family and friends.
  • I don't like processed food, and I'm not a big meat eater. If I'm grocery shopping for just me, I get mostly organic fruits, veggies, dairy, and gluten-free cereal and snack stuff. 
  • I wear mostly cotton or denim clothing, and much prefer recycled flip-flops to regular ones.  
  • I like country music, indie rock, and british bands, and that's about all I listen too.
  • When I can afford it, I try to use natural soap and stuff like that whenever possible.
  • I have cloth grocery bags, and I use them.
  • I recycle (if possible... or convenient)

No comments:

Post a Comment