This evening I met with my pastor, James, and his wife Kim. It was by far one of the best conversations I've had in a long time! They listened to my whole story and didn't judge me at all. They understood why I did what I did, and just want me to heal. They're glad I came back to South Side, even under those circumstances, and are thankful that it didn't end worse than it did, cause it certainly could have. Both of them are only concerened with my well-being, and are willing to do whatever it takes to help me heal, from all of my past issues, not just the most recent ones. It may sound strange, but they really want me to be involved in South Side, in a big way. That means a lot to me! That they would be willing to take someone as broken as me, and give them responsibility in the church. Some people wouldn't do that. Kim said that she's been praying for someone to come to the church that has the skills and desire to work in the Next Steps prgram for the local at-risk kids. They want someone to do the administrative stuff, like behind the scence stuff. Paper work, phone calls, organizing groups, getting volunteers, even working with the ciriculum a bit. James and Kim want me to consider taking on this program, like being a director! It's crazy, but I actually want to! They also want my ideas on how to help South Side reach out into the college world, which is great because I already waned to get involved in the local CCF and BSU. It just seems like I fit here, like there is important work for me to do at South Side, which is funny cause I just said the other day that I want to get seriously involved in a church. I didn't think it would be here, but if this is where God wants me, I'm ok with it. I'm excited about this program, I think it's really important for these kids, and I'm honored that I'll get to be a part of it. James and Kim even said that if I want, and it works out, next fall I can run the program! Crazy! It totally fits tho! I'm up for Day Camp Director at West River Center in Maryland this summer. That position would basicly be this job on steriods, all summer, so I'd come back with tons of ideas and experience to make the Next Steps program even better. I don't know that I'll get the job at West River, there are a few other people up for it as well. I hope I do tho, it would be such a great learning experience!
This is just an idea, totally just James and Kim and I brainstorming, but they want to, someday, open up a camp like Camp David, for at-risk kids in Springfield. They already have a campground picked out and avalible, they know who they would get to be the directors, and they have a list of churches and Christain ministry groups that would partner with them in creating this camp... And James and Kim said that if I'm over the Next Steps prgram at that point, and believe it to be God's will, it would be natural to step over and help run the camp. So crazy to even think about that! Who would have thought that just a couple of weeks after leaving Camp David someone would be talking to me about not only working for another, similar camp, but actually helping to create, and run it. So not what I was expecting! I don't know that this will happen at all, it just depends on if I'm still here and if it's what God wants, but it's interestng to think about anyways.
So I don't exactly know what the future holds, but I know I'm going to stay in Springfield, at least till summer. There are so many different things I could get involved with at South Side.
This is just one of the many, many different ideas bouncing around in my head right now. There are so many different things I could do, directions I could go. I'm not sure what will happen in the next few months, or where I'll end up, but I'm super excited to see what God has in store for me in the long run, cause I know it's gotta be pretty freaking awesome if he keeps saving me from myself for it.
No comments:
Post a Comment