The choir at South Side is singing this song, Written In Red, for Easter this year. I had the brilliant idea of learning the song in asl and signing it during the service. I already knew some of the signs, and it's a reasonalbly simple song, so i figured it wouldn't be to hard to learn. My plan was to learn it, get it down pretty well, and then offer to sign it. I didn't want to offer until I knew I had it memorized. So I looked up a video and practiced. It wasn't pretty. It really isn't difficult, but I don't sign enough to be smooth. I have another week to practice, and I'm certianly going too! I hope to be good enough by Wednsday that I can sign during choir practice, but we'll have to wait and see!
This is the video I found, check it out!
No comments:
Post a Comment