Mar 16, 2012

Homesick

The past few days I've been feeling down, but I couldn't figure out why.hen I figured it out. I'm homesick. This is the first time I've ever been homesick, so I had no idea what it felt like. I miss my sisters, and my little brother. I miss my parents, I miss my friends. I miss my church, and I miss my dog. I miss the familiarity of the streets in Springfield, and I miss the back country roads I would drive when I needed to get away. I miss knowing, and understanding exactly where my life was headed, even if it sucked. I miss walking around the cemetary, talking on the phone. And driving past my church just to see if anyone was there to talk too. I miss my dance classes, and hanging out with people for hours aftrwards. I miss driving home at 3 in the morning cause I lost track of time with my best friends. I miss playing Mafia for hours, and I miss the good radio stations. I miss walking around the mall with my girlfriends, and I miss Starbucks. I miss my puppy jumping on me when I got home, and I miss having a McDonalds within walking distance no matter where you are. I miss the concerts, and the Artwalk downown.

I don't know where my life is going, or even what I want. My back up plan (Texas) doesn't even sound good anymore. I want someone to fix everything, tell me exactly what I need to do, and how to do it.  But no one will. It's just me and God now. I have to figure life out, and I don't want to. I want to go home and pretend everything is ok. I'm homesick. I want to go home.

No comments:

Post a Comment